Friday 25 November 2011

It has been a while...

I haven't been too creative lately. Yes, what I am posting here is mainly old stuff I have painted or written over the last couple of years. But along with not being too creative, I also haven't been keeping up with posting here. That is just how it goes sometimes.

So how about I say a little about my journey through life so far, seeing as that is the main inspiration behind all of my creative endeavours.

I started writing in 2006. That year I just wrote and wrote and wrote. I'm not saying that any of it was any good at that time. And I unfortunately no longer have anything that I wrote back then, due to a need to relocate quickly to get away from some stuff that was happening (and I do not wish to go into any more detail at this stage). I just upped and ran, leaving everything behind except the bare essentials.

In 2007, I discovered that I could express myself through poetry and wrote quite a lot of poems about various situations I found myself in at the time. I still write poetry to this day, but definitely nowhere near as much as what I did back then.

The painting started in 2008, sort of by accident actually. Again it was mainly a means of expressing myself at a time I could no longer trust anyone. But I enjoyed it and also became good at it (even if I say so myself, but I do believe that I am a good artist). So in time, this became my main means of self expression. I have a number of my paintings up on my walls at home, and they almost always start conversations.

Finally this year I decided that I wanted to try writing a novel. By now I am much more committed to writing than what I was in 2006, and am determined to finish this novel. I have tried many times with many different ways of expressing the things happening to the main character, but in the end settled for the most simple chronological order. I am only still at the beginning of this project, but hopefully it will keep me occupied for some time yet.

I hope this post gives a little bit of background.

No comments:

Post a Comment