Thanking Gary over at Klahanie.
I know it has been a few days since actually receiving the award, but I have had a lot of trouble gathering my thoughts lately (probably resulting from a combination of poor quality sleep and a recent increase in the medication I take for my psychosis and anxiety). But fingers crossed I feel a little better now, so here goes.
Now I don't know of 7 blogs I can pass this award on to, but apparently that is ok. Though I will attempt to come up with 7 interesting facts about myself, just for fun (as these are the things that it is suggested we do when receiving this award).
So 7 (probably not so) interesting things about me are:-
1. I have been painting since 2008, and my paintings have always been expressions of my feelings that I have often struggled to get out in other ways. My early paintings were mostly black and red, to express depression. Maybe one day I will post one so you can see the difference between my earlier paintings and my more recent paintings?
2. Listening to music always makes me feel better. My favourite genre is rock. Music is also a very important coping strategy for me, and also very useful in distracting me enough that I don't respond to the voices.
3. I am currently working on a novel. I don't expect that it will be finished any time soon. I don't want to give away too much too soon, but I will say it will be a horror novel (hopefully, if I write it well enough!).
4. If I could change one thing about me, I would hope to have more confidence in my talent for art. I struggle to see what others see in my paintings, but I wish I could.
5. When I get my health back, I hope to be an art therapist. That way I can use my passion to help others who have been through similar to me.
6. Similarly to my painting, my poetry is mostly a means of self expression. Even if I try to write about something that has nothing to do with me, I still put aspects of how I am feeling or an experience I have had in the poem.
7. This has taken me about half an hour to write this list. It probably would have taken much longer earlier in the week.