Saturday 25 August 2012

Another award

Thank you to Gary over at Klahanie.


I am not going to bother with the '7 interesting facts about myself', seeing as I did that quite recently. But I will mention that Gary passed this award on to people who blog about positive attitudes towards mental health, and positive distractions to cope with symptoms.

As I am sure I have mentioned before, much of my art and also much of my poetry is a way of expressing my feelings. These feelings are both positive and negative. But the important thing is getting them out rather than keeping them in. I am pretty sure that my art would be very different if it wasn't for my illness, but it still remains true that psychosis and anxiety are only a small part of who I am. And I hope that there is at least a small difference that I am making on this blog towards reducing the stigma attached to mental illness.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lost in Space,
    First of all, I was delighted to forward this award to you. I would ideally hope that more people become aware that you are shining example of someone who embraces all the positive resources and distractions on offer. Via your writing and your art, the world will see that you have much to share.
    We both shall continue to bring further awareness and reduce the unfair stigma still attached to mental health concerns.
    And like you, I didn't bother with seven facts about myself. Besides, I'd run out of facts that might have been almost interesting :)
    My friend, congrats and have a peaceful, positive weekend.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Gary.

    I hope that if I can inspire a little bit of positive energy in even one person that would make this blog worthwhile. I started blogging as a way to share my creativity, that I have found to be a positive coping strategy and more importantly something I really enjoy doing.

    I also hope that I can continue to spread awareness and a positive image of living a good life with mental health issues.

    ReplyDelete