Saturday 1 September 2012

Broken Glass


Acrylic on canvas, 2011, 8" x 8".

At the time of painting this, I was working through and coming out the other side of paranoia I had experienced for a number of years. By breaking the glass through which they were spying on me, I was able to fight back. And by fighting back I could live in less fear.

I am glad that eventually I was able to see a way out of the mess I had gotten into. There has been a lot of emotions since the spring of 2011, when I finally went on a medication that helped reduce my symptoms and was also finally correctly (I hope) diagnosed. The journey has certainly had its ups and downs. But recently things have settled and I feel good. What is important now is keeping positive and continuing to move forward.

5 comments:

  1. This is excellent news in your ongoing endeavour to realise a peaceful, more positive life.
    And I know as you broke that glass, you continue to embrace all that is conducive to your well being.
    You have my admiration and respect.
    In peace, your friend, Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very powerful message...I like your attitude :). I am not a big fan of conformity and nonreactive people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind words.

    I don't believe that anyone has a life without some kind of difficulties. I do believe that we all need to make the best out of any bad situation, and embrace the positive wherever possible. I'm not saying it is easy, but I do know that it brings about opportunities. And these opportunities can change us, hopefully for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased to read that your symptoms are better and you are moving forward. The way you channel your energy and thoughts through your talents is not only amazing, but beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words, My Meddling Mind.

    The journey must continue, and I definitely hope that I take more steps forward than back. My art, and other creative ways, help me take the steps in the right direction. I have noticed that my paintings have become more positive as time has gone on, and I like that.

    And thank you for appreciating my talent. I should use 'I am a good artist' as a positive affirmation, but a lot of the time I can struggle to believe that. But I am glad if anyone likes my art, as I really enjoy the painting.

    ReplyDelete